enact.co.uk (“our site”) is a site owned and operated by Enact Conveyancing Limited (“We”). We are a limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 04702946 and our registered office is at PO Box HK3, David House, David Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5QJ. Our VAT number is: 816 7794 86.
We are regulated by the Council for Licensed Conveyancers.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, along with any documents to which it refers, explains the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our site you are consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Enact Conveyancing Limited of PO Box HK3, David House, David Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5QJ.
Information Collected from You
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, e-mail address, address, telephone number and user comments;
- Information you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information provided when registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and/or requesting further services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, gender, occupation and company details and interests;
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version;
- Information about your visits to our site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products or services you viewed or searched for, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods use to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- For recruitment and selection purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information
You agree that we may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Enact Conveyancing Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Pursuant to the Act, your name may be retained on our marketing database. The database enables us to select contacts to receive a variety of marketing materials including legal update service, newsletters and invitations to seminars and events. It contains your name, e-mail address, address, telephone number, website, mailing requirements and other comments if any. Please ensure you update us with any changes. You have the right to correct any data that relates to you.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing you may opt out at a later date.
By submitting information to us through the quote engine on our site, including your name, e-mail address and phone number you are consenting to us contacting you by telephone or by e-mail.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: enact Conveyancing Limited, PO Box HK3, David House, David Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5QJ.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the information held about you please contact us at: Enact Conveyancing Limited, PO Box HK3, David House, David Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5QJ. We may make a small charge for this service to meet our costs in providing you with the information we hold about you.
How to Contact Us